Document management system with physical paper file tracking system
We are looking for an Open source Document management system, which will have physical paper file movement tracking system. Apart from physical file movement management, it must have following functionality
•Ability to build and create customizable meta database keeping details of scanned documents.
• It should have exhaustive features for recording audit trails of users accessing the documents.
These audit trails should be reproducible through the DMS web portal.
• The DMS should have tight integration with the scanning software that comes with the industry
leading scanner. One should be able to fire scanning job from the DMS interface itself and put
the documents at the back end DMS repository in standard JPG, PDF, TIFF format.
• The DMS should have strong integration capability with pop3 E‐Mail system so that specific email
account mails can also be uploaded directly to the DMS.
• The DMS should have capability to generate unique Barcode id pertaining to each resource
within the system.
• The DMS should be customizable to track transaction record (issue/return) of each document
and generate detailed reports as and when required.
• The DMS should have a DMS portal interface for every user. The portal home page should be
very flexible and customizable having capability to put other external hyperlinks and/or
• Define File storage location in DMS.
• The physical files after pasting barcode should be stacked in designated compactors.