I'd like to get a quote for a custom Wordpress plugin. Hopefully my idea is possible. Here's what I'd like it to be able to do:
The plugin would allow viewers (not logged in) to click anywhere* on the main photo on the home page of the site (imagine a huge high res image) and add a small graphic (I'll call the small graphic from here forward, the "dot") to the place where they clicked. The dot becomes permanent and has the following features:
The viewer must pay a one time payment for the dot - so the plugin should allow for a payment (paypal?).
The viewer, when they purchase their dot, can add a set of info (a name, description, small photo) which is then displayed when someone mouse's over (or clicks") that dot (via a pop up).
I've attached a mock example of the concept showing ultimately how this would look to viewers (in the fake example, dots are apples added to an apple tree - this is not the real idea).
Some additional details in no particular order:
- I, as the admin, would get notified when someone buys a dot and I can disable/delete dots.
- There's no limit to the number of dots that could be added to the photo
- I can define the area of the photo where dots are allowed. Not sure if this part is possible but I'm imagining something like being able to draw a rectangle around a majority of the photo to define the "active" area.
- I'm not yet sure if the dot creator/purchaser should be able to edit/delete their own dot - it depends on how difficult this feature would be to add.
- Actual design of the pop up in the mockup is not final but would likely look very similar to what's shown in attached concept
- There is currently just one kind and size of "dot" but I'm imaging that I might want to change what the "dot" actually is (for example, if the original spec has apples as the "dot", someday I may want to also allow "pears" or "peaches" for instance or perhaps "apples" of a different size or type).
57 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $536 på dette job