I'm not familiar with SQL so I don't know if SQL or Excel would be the best for what I need so please suggest one or the other or a combo of the two. Whatever you think my best option is.
I am trying to recreate a excel workbook created to select the best supplier based on price for up to 150 items but enhance it to also expedite the initial quoting process. I've detailed out generally how I want the flow to go below.
1) Enter product description/Product Material/Quantity/Unit of Measurement (UOM)on "Bid Details Sheet"
2) That data auto fills into "US Suppliers Sheet", "Sterling Suppliers Sheet", & "Euro Suppliers Sheet (Need to add this sheet still)"
3) In some way/shape/form, I need a list of suppliers from the sourcing workbook/sheet to contact based on Product/Material for each item. This would be presented on the Summary Sheet and contacts should be sorted based on Product / Material that they supply. (That info is found on sourcing tab)
4) An additional desire is that I would like to use this workbook to mail merge my emails to the listed contacts. The best way I can think to say it is that I would like to have the data display what item #'s (Bid Details Sheet Column A) to send to what suppliers. However this needs to work.
5) Fast forward - emails sent out and suppliers have submitted quotes. I add prices to US/Sterling Sheet based on where they are located and it updates Bid Details Sheet.
6) On bid details sheet, cheapest option is presented in blue columns. It shows cheapest "per unit" pricing with "item" and Supplier column filling with matching information respectively. I would also like to have a "markup" column added between columns S and T on Bid details sheet and two additional columns added to the right of that detailing the "unit" and "Item" cost with markup.
7) The summary page should detail and highlight overall job/product cost, the overall marked up cost, the profit margin %, and the profit.
The most important detail is that I would like this work book / database to allow be to submit requests for quotes to suppliers much faster and allow me to accurately forecast the financials.
It is important to note that the attached "Sourcing Tool" is a work in progress supplier wise so this project should allow for additional suppliers to be added to that list and the products they offer be updated without causing errors.
I've uploaded my current work-in-progress so please look it over and let me know what you can do for me.