Car Pool System – Based around Google Maps API
The aim is to allow users to enter details of journeys they are making and want to share with others, and also users who want to find a journey to join to list their request.
[url removed, login to view] is a good example but ours is simpler 1 page script.
1. Large google map to show all journeys registered. Centre of map to be common destination (mosque in this case). Map should have scroll and zoom from google.
2. 4 types of journey. Lift offered, Car Share offered, Lift requested, Car Share requested
a. Each journey type shows in different color on the map
b. When you hover over any particular journey, it will give its details or ID
3. Below the map are 2 colums, Offered and Requested
a. The list shows all the journeys entered, and their details
b. If someone sees a journey that interests them, they can goto listing below and find it by ID and see details.
4. Also users need to be able to enter their journeys, offered and requested journeys have different fields
5. When someone is entering a journey offered, they need to write the following details
a. Type of journey offered, Lift or Car Share
b. Departure point (Address/Post Code), Destination point (destination point will be common here so keep pre filled)
c. Number of spaces in car
d. Contact details:
iv. BB Pin
For journey offered, once they press submit, the best google route should show up, and the user has chance to edit/drag points to suit them before it is submitted finally. Because logically not all people will be using the goggle calculated route for their journey
6. When someone is entering a journey requested, they need to write the following details
a. Type of journey requested, Lift or Car Share
b. Pickup point (Address/Post Code), Destination point (destination point will be common here so keep pre filled)
c. Number of spaces needed
d. Contact details:
iv. BB Pin
7. Search would also be a useful function. So user can input, type of journey search, offered or requested, and “from” location, and distance from “from” location to search. Example, I want to look for a journey being offered from my house to destination, but naturally no-one will start journey at my house so I needed search to see all journeys starting, or passing, within x miles of my house. Search box should come up as lightbox, and results should appear by ajax (so all non relevant journeys disappear)
8. Also when someone submits any journey, offered or requested, on the input page there should be an area to put in password, so later someone on the main page is a button for edit journey, and they type in journey ID and password and they can edit any value for it
9. Ajax & Lightbox should be used as much as possible, all functions should be on 1 page, user shouldn’t needed to goto any other page
Attached PDF has recommended page layout also
Project will be awarded to freelancer who has best balance of feedback and price. We also consider users with 0 feedback as we understand everyone has to start somewhere. This is a low budget project so price is important factor. We will create escrow and release on full completion.