I want to build a WordPress tutoring website that will appear fresh and cheerful with a tone that exudes simplicity, clarity, and achievement. This is a very small business so the site should not appear rigid or corporate, but I also don’t want it to look amateurish or radiate “mom and pop.” It’s about striking the right balance between the two.
I am located in New York City and want to brand myself with the city in a way that is modern and sophisticated yet warm and friendly with a focus on outstanding customer service. I do not want to use any stock photography of students and teachers. I will be working with students in a wide range of ages, and therefore don’t want a website that’s oriented specifically to a particular age.
The website will be based around four content levels for 12 primary subjects/topics. I want the center of the homepage to present 12 boxes (or squares). Inside each square will be one or two words (such as "SAT/ACT"). When a visitor clicks on a square I want it to flip and present one sentence related to that topic. At the bottom or corner of the flipped square with one sentence I want a “Read More” link that when clicked will take the visitor to another page with no more than 150 words elaborating on that topic. From that page there will be another “Read More” link that will take the visitor to a page with four or five paragraphs of additional details. I have written all the content and am prepared to provide it throughout the project.
To reiterate, there are four content levels ranging from one word to a single page of four to six paragraphs of details.
- The center of the page will have 12 boxes (or squares) displaying the first content level for the primary topics/subjects consisting of one or two words. Either when selected or ‘hovered over’ these boxes will flip to show the second content level consisting of one sentence.
- I don’t want visitors to have to scroll down to get anything on the homepage, so the design shouldn't require scrolling. The fourth level of content (on the detailed page) can involve scrolling – just not the homepage.
- I don’t want to use any stock photography of people.
- I want to brand myself as the New York City expert and would like to see what a photo of a New York cityscape prominently featured on the site (probably stretched from margin to margin) would look like. I will be picky about this and might want to look at several iterations to get it right.
- I want to see what how it would look to fill the entire homepage from right margin to left margin (instead of having the traditional "T" design with wide margins on either side. See [login to view URL] for example.
- I want to have a banner at the top of the homepage with my tutoring service name in large lettering and stretch it to or close to the left and right margins.
- Would like a small static horizontal menu in the upper right corner of the page for various links: Home, FAQ, About Us, Location, and Contact Us
- One of the 12 boxes in the center will contain a link to a pop-up with a 60-second video clip.
- I want to create a blog that is linked off the homepage
- I want the website to be compatible with will cell phones and tablets
- I want to use SEO
- The “Contact Us” feature should have an effective spam-blocker
- My phone number should be prominently featured on the homepage
- I may be interested in having some kind of banner that rolls from right to left where I could input current information, kind of like a news headline. Not sure if that would appear too cluttered?
- May want to include a menu link to a page with an education calendar for all schools in New York City
- May want to include a map of NYC public school districts
- Want to emphasize functionality and ease of use over visual appeal (right balance)
78 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $2312 på dette job
Project: Wordpress Tutoring Website Development Skills: PHP, Wordpress, Ruby on Rails, Laravel Experience: 11 Years Expertise: Website Development Team Size: Dedicated Programmer