I own a small marketing/design firm and I have a client with a small town barter club. They would like to move their database to their web site and manage their club from the web. It would require an admin area where they could keep track of billing, Email invoices, track accounting (money and barter) and a secure area for members to see their current balance of money owed and barter in their account.
There's a little more to it than the above, but that's a general idea. I'll be up front, they do not have a ton of money and I'll be managing the project for them.
More details about functionality:
The password protected member area needs to allow members to:
• View their current invoice and the amount of barter dollars they have in their account.
• Place an order for a barter member to use their barter with them (ideally it would be great if the system could validate that the member using barter actually has that amount of barter in their account, but that could be added at a later time if beyond the budget). The amount of barter should then be taken from the buying barter club member and moved into the selling barter club member while charging the buying member's account a fixed percentage of cash owed and adding it to their invoice.
• Purchase "scrip" which is a fixed "coupon" with barter dollars (removing the amount from their barter account) which is then mailed manually to them by the barter club office.
• Update their contact info (name, address, phone).
• View all contact info for all current members (hidden from public).
• Make payments on their invoices.
• View and search through the member database by keyword and categories (i.e., Auto Repair, Optometrist, Restaurant, etc.). Only business information will show while the full database (with personal contact info) will be only seen in the Admin area.
The Admin area needs to provide the club office with total control of the billing and management of the member directory.
• Create and Email invoices.
• Manage barter club member accounts (100-300).
• Update "scrip" area for coupons that are sold out. Add/remove scrip, etc.
The public area will be informational about the club with a basic version of the member directory only showing business contact information and categories.