I have a live WordPress site that sells agricultural products using Woocommerce, but now I want to add a separate section, where people would be able to "Adopt a tree" through a yearly subscription. This is how it should work:
- There will be a satellite image from the farm as background (which can be taken from Google Maps, but no Google Maps functionality is needed, it could be a screenshot)
- On top of the background image, there will be little tree icons placed in rows (I would provide a mockup)
- There will be 2 types of tree icons, one for trees that are available for adoption, and 1 for trees that are already taken.
- When you hover over a tree icon you will see an photograph of the actual tree, basic information about it, and if it is available, a button to adopt it
- When you click to adopt the tree, you are taken to a cart page where you can finalize the transaction, choosing Paypal and other payment methods
- I would rather not use Woocommerce, but a separate e-commerce plugin for this, since I already use woocommerce in that site for my other products and I don't want them to mix.
- Once the transaction is completed, the selected tree icon changes, as well as its status, to unavailable, (or adopted). When people hover or click over this tree, they would still be able to see a photo and basic data, but it will appear unavailable to adopt.
I would prefer to hire someone who has already worked on something similar and can show me their work, and only needs to adapt it for my needs, as I don't have a budget to develop this from scratch.