**Automatic bids will be ignored.
** Please respond to this with answers to our questions
** Must have strong API / Database / PHP knowledge (standard WordPress knowledge, don't waste your time)
I have a client moving to WordPress that has 2 adoptable pet databases showing on their website (ex. /adoption/[login to view URL] and /adoption/[login to view URL]) currently built with standard php + mysql. The challenge is to figure out how to build a version of their adoptable pet databases on WordPress with either a plugin or custom built.
A few of the issues that complicate it:
They are using [login to view URL] as their primary database, and would like to stop maintaining adoptable pets in two separate places (RescueGroups and their custom database).
The dog side of the organization is fine with just a straight dump of RescueGroups data using the Pet Adoption Toolkit ([login to view URL]), but the cat side of the organization wants to include a number of additional fields and still have it look nice.
What I believe is possible is to use their REST API to get the data from RescueGroups and populate it in a database on the website. (See https://userguide.rescuegroups.org/display/APIDG/API+Developers+Guide+Home for developer documentation.)
I am looking for an expert to weigh in on the following questions:
1. Can we use the RescueGroups API to schedule nightly data imports into a WordPress-based database?
2. Would we be able to add in fields to that database for data that does not come from RescueGroups (e.g. entered by a volunteer)?
3. Would this require separate databases for dogs and cats?
4. Is this the most cost-effective and simple solution?
5. Is there a WordPress plugin that could serve as the database that will display the content nicely? Or does it have to be custom built?
We have a lot of projects like this so hoping to find someone we can build a relationship with.