I have a form the represents an invoice. The form is built using Field Collection and displayed with the Field Collection Table module. There are 4 problems listed below. The attached image may help.
(1) The default Drupal 7 save process took too long when there are a lot of rows. The average form has less than 50 rows but some could have more than 400. Sometimes it would take 10 minutes to save. Another developer rewrote the code for the save to use a batch process and this dramatically improved the speed of saving large forms however it is still slow. Forms with 250+ rows could take 4-5 minutes. I need someone to rewrite the save process and/or form so that this process is much faster. Target < 1 minute.
(2) Users some times randomly loose their work. Because of this, users are constantly saving their data so that they don't lose too much if something happens. I suspect that when errors occur, users not able to recover their work in process. I need the form fixed so that validation either happens on the client side or when errors are found during submission, users can recover and edit their work.
(3) I need a lookup on two fields. The data is already in the system and the code to prefill the values is there. The first field was originally an autocomplete field but we removed it and replaced it with a regular text field. There is a lot of existing data so I am unable to remove and replace the field.
BONUS FOR THE FOLLOWING:
* As an alternative to #1 above, it would be great if the form automatically saved each row in the background when users are no longer working in that row. If this is done, you would need to show users a confirmation alert next to each row when the row is saved (this could be as simple a displaying a checkmark).
* It would be great to have the form cache data on the client side (Local Storage) so that users can resubmit data if there is a network error, power outage, or some other problem that prevents users from submitting data.
* This is Drupal 7.
* If you have a way of integrating a non-Drupal form with an existing Drupal site, please indicate.
30 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $221 for dette job
This is my job. I can do it. I'm ready to work now. Relevant Skills and Experience I have 7 years to work with Drupal. Proposed Milestones $277 USD - payment