Craigslist Sydney Project Description We are a web design agency seeking to outsource a web design project to a cutting edge designer to create a professional custom Wordpress theme for a leadership and management development consultancy. The successful bidder will undertake the development of the template only, not the site build or adding content site build-out. The project is a complete redesign of an older, existing static html site including a move to Wordpress as the platform. The theme you produce will be used for static pages and as a CMS - no blog. Above all we are seeking a design that is minimal, cutting edge, elegant, professional and that will truly stand out as unique. There may also need to be a static, non Wordpress part of the site, which needs to look the same as the Wordpress part of the site. So you will develop static XHTML/CSS page templates created from the WP theme you develop. That simply means some stripping out the Worpdress theme code (Wordpress PHP loop code etc) to produce a static XHTML/CSS web page template replica of the WP theme.
Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows? (depending on the nature? of the deliverables):
a)? For web sites or? other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software? installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
Specific Deliverables include:
Complete, custom-designed Wordpress theme containing all necessary template files that make up the Wordpress theme files as specified in the Wordpress Theme development guidelines (see [url removed, login to view]).
We require of the designer:
Relevant Design Skills Required:
- Professional Photoshop Design for Blogging
- Understanding of Web 2.0 Styling
- Understanding of Effective Blog Layouts
Relevant Coding Skills Required:
- Ability to integrate “sliced?? .psd files into a wordpress theme.
- Installation and integration of plugins (to ensure Theme is compatible with the WP plugin architecture.
- Strong Knowledge of Wordpress and its underlying code architecture.
- Understanding of IE6, IE7, and FireFox display issues. All designs must be 100% compatible in each browser.
- You must produce W3C Valid XHTML and CSS code, preferably optimized for fast loading.
- The site must comply with all relevant accessibility requirements.
In summary, the designer must have had experience in coding for wordpress together with strong experience in graphic design.
Must have a portfolio of Wordpress-based work to present to the us, we'll want to hear about your role in each project, and at least 2 references to enable us to verify your talent, experience and previous work.
Wordpress on Apache server.