This project is a stand-alone script that could be used to allow a person to enter information into a web form and have that information merged into existing pdf documents already created. Data merge placeholders would be inserted onto the pdf document. Data could also originate from a database as well. Definations are accompolished using a xml-defination file.
We initally discovered the general idea at:
hxxp://[url removed, login to view]
Very few lines of PHP code may be needed to merge an existing PDF file
with dynamic data:
1. Initiate the class. In this step you also set the xml-definition file which is described in the next
2. Assign your variables you want to use in your merging-process.
That's it. The last step will return the merged PDF for further processing e.g. saving to disk, sending
via email or just displaying it.
The merging process is controlled by xml-definition files. These files are written in an easy to understand mark-up language. You can control the merging in following ways:
- setting the original pdf-path
- defining placeholders © their position, colour and font definitions
- adding simple logic statements to your file © like if-statements
So an example might go like this:
1. Customer registers at a promotional website.
2. They fill out a short questionaire.
3. The click proceed to a confirmation page. They confirm info. entered.
4. They click on "Print My Coupon"
5. Their information entered is merged into placeholders on a pdf template (along with hidden fields and/or data from a database such a serial number or other dynamic information).
5. A page displays with a thank you message and a link to open their document (if a low resolution document that is small) or save their document (if the document is hi resolution and/or a large file size. We would want to restrict them to only save such a document so it wouldn't lockup their browser trying to open it).
6. A confirmation email also gets sent to them with a link in the email to the document.
We have existing php mailform script to initiate form usage, email confirmation, etc.
Please let us know if this is something you can put together and the cost.
15 freelancers are bidding on average $431 for this job
Simple enough. You actually understand the process. I like that. So many projects on this site are asking for the moon and not offering enough. Send PM for details.
The specifications t5hat youhave given will cost you $ 3000. If you are interested , please do contact us we are a mnc based in India. www . xponse . com regards Dave
I am a programmer working for a very reputed research institute in india. This project looks interesting to me. I am very punctual in completeing work in time. Please contact me if you are interested.
Hire me and consider the job done. My portfolio: [url removed, login to view] I have already done similar projects which generate dynamic coupons in the similar fashion you have asked. For eg. [url removed, login to view]