A tip rotation system integrated into WordPress. There will be a limited number of tips. The number of tips will be probably be enough to display one or two tips a week or between 52 to 104 tips.
A bit of background for this project. These tips will be presented on career sites, so users are likely to visit the site when they are looking for a new job and then not come back for a long time . . . until they are looking for new new job . . . again. In other words, the tips do not need to be alwasys new all the time.
It would be best NOT to use a database as this system will be deployed on many sites, and I don't want to hassle setting up a new database for each site. It would probably be easier to use separate text files with text and html in the file and then pull the tips from that. The length of tips will be about the same length as the ones you see on the sample site. See below.
**Look and Feel**
Based on this site's tip look and feel. Here is a sample of a tip:: [url removed, login to view]
See the screen shot of portion that I'm looking for: [url removed, login to view] The area of the tips extends further down than this screenshot shows.
1. Utilize the same graphics, layout, and look and feel that are on the sample site.
2. Subscribe. RSS feed for tips. Integrate subscriptoin into Feedburner subscription.
3. Take ratings of the tips. Could that be done without a database?
4. Show number of views for each tip.
5. Instead of "This Week's Tips" as is used in the sample site. Use, "Recent Tips"
6. The tips need to rotate. There might be 52 or 104 tips, when tips reach the end of the file or directory, the tips should start to rotate from the beginning of the file / directory again. New tips may be added to the directory or files form time to time, so this needs to be taken into account somehow.
7. Create a Listing of Most Popular Tips like on this page: [url removed, login to view]
I am open to other options as far as platform. There could be a single syndication server, for instance.