I’ve begun building an art community site using Wordpress as a CMS. Instead of typical blog posts, users create and post images via an existing Java applet. There is a plugin that already attaches the applet (“Chibipaint”) to blog posts and saves it to the Media Library: [url removed, login to view] I need this plugin heavily modified or perhaps a new one to accompany it. End goal is to make the site function similarly to old “oekaki” (doodling) software but with Wordpress' sleek framework.
The features I would like to include:
* Instead of the post editor textarea, the Java applet should load in its place. There should be no post content to input except the image. When a user makes/edits a post they cannot add more images to it or even access the Media Library, it is just their saved picture (tags/categories/meta etc remain untouched; I still would like it to work like a blog post otherwise).
* When the image is saved it should automatically attach itself to the post (Chibipaint exports it properly but you have to manually attach it).
* Drawable comments - replace the entire comment form with a fixed width/height Chibipaint canvas so users can draw their comments instead of type them.
* Minimum/Maximum Canvas Sizes (with a fixed size for comments) - Ideally this will be controllable via user level but it's not important presently. Global settings are fine.
* Collaboration - The ability to edit another artist's post/image only if flagged as a Collaboration. Collaborations should have two settings: private and public.
** Private Collab: People may assign passwords to their collab posts when they are saved. Anyone with access to the password may retouch that picture/post. (Or, alternatively, the artist could invite specific members to collaborate on their post instead if that’s easier to code.)
** Public Collab: Public pictures are similar to private pictures but they have no password/invite, thus allowing any registered member to edit them. When edited, a public picture will be posted in a new post, essentially making a clone and leaving the original picture unaffected. Public pictures should be credited to the original artist automatically (Drawn by x, Edited by y).
I know that because I'd like the post content area gutted core files might have to be modified. This is okay. Most of the behavior I'm requesting is built into the oekaki software, so you will have a (poorly written) opensource template to work from.