The project should simulate the WCDMA air interface both uplink and downlink
according to standards defined by 3GPP.
The signal simulator should transmit data on aframe by frame basis through a time
varying channel, which is corrupted by multiple access interference.
Bit error rate should be investigated under different channel configurations as
well as performance due to error correction coding scheme.
The project should be implemented with a GUI application using Matlab.
Simulink should not be used.
**The gradual evolution from today's systems is driven by demand for capacity, which is requiredby the new and faster data based mobile services. WCDMA is the dominating3G technology, providing high data transmission rates, efficient apcket access, high service flexibility as well as support for future capacity and coverage enhancing technologies. WCDMA uses a new spectrum with a 5 MHZ carrier, providing 50 times higher data rate than in present GSM networks and 10 times higher than GPRS networks. WCDMA handles up to 2Mbps for local area acess or 384 Kbps for wide area access. A coming release will include enhancements up to more than 10 Mbps.
WCDMA is also known as UMTS and has been adopted as a standard by the ITU under the name IMT-2000 direct spread.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Mar 9, 2005 4:06:49 PM:
I have increased the bid to $200 dollars. Any coder capable and willing contact me with a bid as soon as possible. This is an important project.
Needed expertise in MATLAB and knowledge of communications.
Thank you in advance.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday Mar 15, 2005 4:59:25 PM:
The deadline has been extended. I sincerely hope that a coder will accept this project. Its very important and needs to be done by the first week in April.
Windows platform using MATLAB.
Simulink should not be used.