You will write a Visual Studio 2005 addin and installer program.
The details of the addin are as follows:
1) adds an item to the "Tools" menu (the default action does this)
[Preference will be given to the coder who can place the menu item in the right-click or smart tag menu instead.]
2) The "exec" function of the addin will ensure that:
a) the Active document ends with ".aspx"
b) the control on the page with the focus is of type "SimpleGridView"
If not an error box is displayed and the function ends.
[Obviously if you have implemented this as a right-click menu or smart tag menu 2a/2b do not apply.]
3) The "exec" function will insert the following code into the aspx file inside the object with the focus:
4) The "exec" function will insert the following text into the aspx's associated code behind file (.cs) in an appropriate location for compiling:
public int EditIndex = -1;
protected void GridView1_RowEditing(object sender, GridViewEditEventArgs e)
EditIndex = [url removed, login to view];
Note that "GridView1" is replaced by the name of the control with the focus.
5) The active window is changed to the code behind file.
6) The new changed application will build successfully.
The addin you are writing is not the actual addin required, but is a sufficient starting point for me to do the actual addin.
If you have written an addin before, then this should be easy.
Pre-requisite: send me an addin (not the source - that would be foolish, just the installation module) that you have written. I will install it on a machine - as proof that you have the skills.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Visual Studio 2005