We have a custom application which will requite to capture video from two cameras. For that purpose, we are now trying two DVR cards (digital video recording) which each one com with its set of drivers, and its videosurveillance program.
Both cards are 4ch 100fps cards which have 4 chips Conexant Fusion 878A -also known as BT878- (up to 16ch, but we only need 2ch, so I will refer to them as 4ch). Both cards have 4 small leds next to each chip.
We are having the same problem with both cards:
- Install card included drivers
- Launch included DVR program and configure it. We can see the image on the two connected cameras. The 4 leds on the board go on, so we will say that from this point on the card is initialised.
- Kill the included DVR program with task manager. The 4 leds on the card will remain on
- We install the drivers BTWinCap, which are generic open source drivers for cards with 878 chip.
- We configure and use our program. It works!
Our problem is that as soon as we restart the computer, the 4 leds on the capture card turn off, and then our program stops working. And we can not launch again the included software that came with the DVR card without first reinstalling the included drivers.
What we need:
We are just looking for a way to ue one of this two cards with a custom program. We could just get it to work with the drivers that come with the card, but ideally we would like it to work with BTWinCap drivers.
Maybe we just need the code that is needed to "initialise" the card when our program starts, because we do know that it can work ok with the BTWinCap drivers. But or course we can not reinstall the original drivers on every reboot, so we need to find a solution so our program will be able to capture from one of the cards right away.
Hopefully we will find someone here on RAC who has the knowledge o solve this and access to the needed hardware. The two cards we are working with are made in china DVR cards, and go by the names KMC4400R and SKY400HC. I will include images with the request.