Hello I'm a newbie to Visual Basic 2005. I'm using the TELNET Demo program from the 'planetsourcecode dot com' website. I'm stuck at this point as the program keeps stalling after collecting about 170 to 200 lines of text. My guess is the program doesn't clear or flush the buffers and they fill up. Since I am new, I'm seeking some help and willing to pay for it.
1. I'm telneting to the following address: 169.254.0.1 the port is 23
I give a total of 3 commands, waiting after each command is given to collect the data and read it. Here are the 3 commands:
3. "[url removed, login to view]"
4. "[url removed, login to view]"
After I send the commands and receive the bytes returned, I store each into 3 strings so that I can parse them. I call the strings:
Next, I parse the returned data using the MID command function, with the following settings:
Lastly, I write it;
11. to a textbox (multiline)
12. and also save it to a file using the [url removed, login to view] command including a 'Now' so that each line is date and time stamped.
13. I call the program once every 10 seconds using the timer function. And use a Start button to control when the program starts to run and a Stop/Quit/Abort button to stop the program when its finished.
Please help out. I don't have lots of money, but am willing to pay $25 to $75 I can't use plug ins such as available from DART that need money to purchase. I'd like to continue using the TELNET demo program from [url removed, login to view] if possible, because I've been using this for about a week and have gotten to know most of the ins and outs of it when communicating back and forth with the device I'm fiddling around with. Thank you, Joel
Windows XP running Visual Basic 2005 (I have both the express and regular edition)