The SNMP MIB control that I need has basicly 3 big functions:
(each function could be a different control/COM-object/class)
1) graphical interface with a tree-like interface
showing the OID and the description/info that is found within the MIB file.
* Search option within the interface
* OK will return the selected OID to the calling app.
* starting the interface with focus set to a specific OID
the control can load a "compiled"-set of mib files (compiled to 1 file)
2) control/class to add/remove/update MIB files within the compiled-mib file - also an option to re-index.
3) control/class to do a quick-lookup within a mib file to retrieve the "meaning" of an OID and to retrieve the meaning of a value.
(in order to do that I suppose that indexing the compiled mib file can help)
(the compiled mib file should be seen as a database)
(due to the size that this can have, the compiled MIB file should be compressed in some way.)
Should be able to work with mib files that are snmpv1;snmpv2 and snmpv3 compliant
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* Control/class should work on Win95/Win98/WinME/WinXP/NT4/Win2000/Win2003
* should NOT depend on Internet Explorer (on any of it's core DLLs)
* should be written in VB (NOT .NET) without the use of any 3rd party controls.