Built to provide real time SNMP and SMTP alerts to particular events, this project is a standalone Windows Service written in C# which opens and then monitors a shared text log file looking for new additions. When a line is found with a particular pattern that represents an event we care about, an alert will be generated. The alert will be sent in the following manner:
1. As an email message to a single email address  if it has been configured to do so  and/or
2. As a SNMP trap to a single SNMP monitoring station  if it has been configured to do so 
*  Found in the registry settings of the service: Type=String, Name="Email", Value="an email address" (valid email address)
*  Found in the registry settings of the service: Type=DWORD, Name="EnableSMTPAlert", Value=0|1 (0=disabled, 1=enabled)
*  Found in the registry settings of the service: Type=String, Name="SNMPHost", Value="22.214.171.124" (valid IP/domain of monitoring station)
*  Found in the registry settings of the service: Type=DWORD, Name="EnableSNMPAlert", Value=0|1 (0=disabled, 1=enabled)
Special Considerations and Requirements:
1. Monitoring of the shared text file should NOT lock the file exclusive, and must allow other apps to read and write to it.
2. Monitoring should be continuous, ensuring all new events are sent (ie: keep the file open and look for new lines being written)
3. Email should be delivered directly from the service to the email address; there should be no need for a local SMTP server
4. SNMP alerts must be sent without the need for a 3rd party library. Usage of .NET, WMI etc is acceptable. If it can be marshalled to native snmp dll's in the operating system, this is acceptable as well.
Successful bidders will be provided with a sample log file and the Private Enterprise Number issued by IANA. If you don't know what this is, please don't bother bidding.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
C# code in Windows .NET environment. Code must work on Windows 2000, Windows XP Pro and Windows Server 2003. In other words, if you can keep it running within native .NET, you should be fine. :)