Attached is 'filespy' from the Microsoft WinXP IFS Kit. I've decided that this is the best thing for me to use. I appreciate all you bids and comments. I've attached the WinXP IFS Kit 'filespy' example source as a thank you for helping.** **I will have more projects on RAC soon!** --prefetch
i need a simple file system filter driver which scans file system activity and records it to a file.
the format of the file is as follows:
***timestamp path/filename operation args***
where *operation* is delete, create, write, etc.
where *args* is offset, length, etc depending on operations. eg. a write would probably have offset of the write and length of the write.
the code needs to be simple, clean and well commented. it needs to be written so that i can add future items, like filtering out certain kinds of file names or operations.
the driver should perform reasonable well and buffer the data before writing to the log. ie. it would be bad to perform a write to the log on every operation that is detected.
must be done in C or C++
paid bonus for simple, clean, well-commented code, error checking code and good how-to-build/compile documentation.
deliver the following:
1) simple, clean, well-commented, error checking code
2) a text document describing how to build/compile the source using VC++ or intel's C++ compiler
3) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
4) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition.
5) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
windows 98 (negotiable)