We are looking for a point of sale system written in C#. It needs to support offline and online capabilities.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* Audit trail for cash register activity. * Reconcile cash register by shift and by tender type. * Accepts unlimited tender types such as cash, check or gift certificate. * Allows for promotional pricing. * View important information about customers including up-to-the-minute account balance (includes unposted information.) * Change an existing Product code and the system replaces the new code on all transactions and master files. * On screen credit card, check, and debit card account verification (when used with Atomic transmission software.) * Gives ability to setup multiple price breaks for different types of products. * Supports bar code scanning and bar code printing for faster transaction processing: UPC A, UPC E, 3 of 9, EAN/JAN-13, EAN/JAN-18 and CODE 128. * Auto-apply for AR payments. * Issue and save quotes. * Tracks time of sale. * Enhanced serial number tracking. * Supports up to three LPT and three COM ports. * Printer support for 40 or 80 column receipts. * DacAccess Multi-File Report Generator. * On-the-fly assemble during transaction entry. * Interfaces with Atomic software for credit card approvals, debit cards, and bank draft captures. * Can be used with DOS cash drawers, keyboard wedge or serial bar code readers, 40 column receipt printers, 20 character 2-line pole displays and magnetic card readers. * Ring up sales, credits, layaways and returns from one screen. * New price break options allow discounts based on fixed percentages, quantities, dollar, and flat price amounts. * Network version supports multiple checkout registers and cash drawers. * Tracks customer transaction history. * Automatically calculates sales tax and discounts. * Tracks sales by salesperson. * Permits entry of payments on open accounts. * Allows for split payment types such as half cash, half credit. * Hourly sales reporting via Query. * Layaway transactions and open layaway reporting. * Tracks serial numbers for businesses that provide warranty information. * Multiple printer support from within entry screen. * Modify receipts to any format preferred. * View purchase history of a customer, displaying the date of purchase and actual sales price of each product purchased. Reports Sales for Date Range by Product or Salesperson, Sales Analysis by Salesperson, Product, or Customer, Daily Cash Receipts, Cash Register Reconciliation, Layaway Transactions, Layaway Alert, Layaway Directory, Audit Tape, General Ledger Transactions, Product Listing, Product Activity and Credit Card Transaction Report. The code must be developed with unit tests
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday Oct 1, 2007 8:17:27 AM:
Have developed a system like this before? did you make use of test driven development ? What technology did you use ?