Basically I am looking to create a Microsoft Outlook plug in (For Outlook 2000, XP and 2003) that would allow a user to synchronize their Outlook (Calendar and Task List)with several web based Calendar systems:
1. [url removed, login to view] (iCalendar based system)
2. [url removed, login to view]
3. [url removed, login to view]
4. [url removed, login to view]
All of these systems have open API's that are available from the web sites. [url removed, login to view] will likely be the easiest to integrate as it is based on an open standard RFC.
The add-in should use standard outlook automation techniques and be developed in Visual Basic, preferably 6.0 if possible.
The project timeline and budget are fairly tight, so fast and inexpensive development is crucial to be selected for this project.
Some experience in both Outlook add-in development and/or experience with the iCalendar standard is a plus.
The finished code should be a finished product ready for launch to the public so it would need to have a semi-friendly user interface. This will include the ability for a user to specify which calendar system to synchronize with (out of the 4 listed above). If th euser doesnt currently have an account with any of those systems they must be promoted to create one and after creation can have their online calendar populated with events/tasks already int heir outlook task list/calendar.
I welcome further questions/comments before submission of a final bid.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Must work on Windows XP and above.