Pretty simply put, I would like a program that uses genetic algorithm (GA) to evolve a neural network (NN).
The goal is for the NN to predict outcome based on training.
-data files containing date/value pair. value should be a float/double, rather than string.
-other variable "tweakable" inputs which I am sure we will encounter.
Evolution: NN should evolve until no significant improvement is seen.
User interface: UI should display the current status of the NN population, such as how fast it's evolving, the ranking and quantitative measure (how good the NN is) of each NN. Should have a graph showing improvements (y-axis) over # of evolutin (x-axis)
-The program should be designed such that it's easy to run on multiple computers, ie using simple file IO should do. This way evolution can improve fast
-The classes should be based on Object Oriented design.
-Program should be designed with flexibility in mind so that change the evolution algorithm or the distributed computing methodology is easy.
You should come up with sample test data of 5 input files, each containing at least 8000 data points per file. You can choose any data, but this testing is to make sure that the GA and NN are correctly predicting the output. I will provide more data as the NN+GA becomes more stable.
After you win the bid and before you write the program, please provide me with a development plan. You should also communicate to me your ideas and approach before you start developing this.
If there's a functionality that will take very long to do, but you believe it's not worth doing, do let me know.
In your bid, be sure to include
1) your academic background
2) your past experience in developing GA + NN related programs
3) anything else that would help me choose you over the other candidates.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
C#, visual studio 2005. Executable with windows GUI, runs on windows XP.