The purpose of this project is to build a VMware-compatible virtual machine running NetBSD 4.0
The specific requirements of the virtual machine are:
1) It must have a "stripped-down", custom compiled, essential kernel, which has been reduced down to the absolute minimal functionality required to perform the next requirements
2) It must have only the "base" installation, no additional packages like X server, etc.
3) It must come with a fully functional installation of lighttpd, configured to utilize Fast-CGI and
4) PHP5 as a CGI, and also
5) SQLite database capability
The resulting machine must be able to sustain a basic website with dynamic content served through PHP scripts which access an SQLite database to retrieve data such as passwords, store statistics, etc.
The main focus of this setup must be:
1) Overall AGILITY of the machine as a whole
2) HIGH PERFORMANCE while serving web content
3) A small "FINGERPRINT" (overall system size including OS and applications)
The final deliverables must be:
1) A compressed file containing the .vmx, .vmdk, etc. files that comprise the virtual machine
2) A reasonably documented history of the steps involved in the process of creating this machine. By reasonably, I do not mean neither? VERY-THOROUGH, nor LIGHTWEIGHT. Just be sure to not ommit anything, and be practical and straight to the point.
Deadline is estimated in 7 days.
All coders will be considered equally, and the aspect I will weight the more will be the ability to deliver SATISFYING RESULTS on time.
This is an extremely simple task, the reason I am outsourcing is because time is money. This is only worthy to me if somebody can complete it in much less time than I can. Depending on the results I might bring the whole project tasks for bidding and might even stick to a coder I find trustworthy to do so.