I have a customer that desperately needs a renting function imbedded into Microsoft RMS Store Operations 1.2. The program is open source and it has a customization guide as well. The renting scenario is like this.
1. Customer buy a VHS (pays full price)
2. When returning the VHS they charge ( $3 per day + tax) and give the rest of the balance back.
Ex: Customer pays $10.81 with tax brings back the next day:
Owner enters 10.81 - 3.00 (+tax) = and give 7.81 back to customer.
1. They sell a dvd and charge full price.
2. Customer brings back dvd to get another one.
3. Scan the new dvd with a 50% off and exchange it with the originally purchased dvd.
If you think you are able to develop an add-on module that will do the renting and exchange functions , please let me know as soon as you can.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
The Program needs to be an add-on For the Microsoft's Point of Sale software.