This application is a Lexical Database that will be used to study word frequencies in a number of long Spanish texts called sources. Lists of words accompanied by certain attributes will be imported from text files; after processing in the application, the user will export data to text files.
The Main Screen is where the user will analyze WordForms and their variants to make decisions and enter data. For the Main Screen, preference is given to grid displays that allow the user to change the width of columns by dragging a visual element, although alternatives such as word wrapping will be considered. Also preference is given to an interface where the user clicks on a cell to reveal the entire contents of it (in case the contents appear truncated). The Main screen also features hyperlinks to open Web pages, to open other windows with related contents or to open reports displayed on a separate window (all generated by this application). The contents of the Main Screen are determined by means of a Search Selection Dialog where a number of conditions are specified such as field values, boundaries on aggregate values obtained by processing sets of linked or related records; sort order for the display; data elements to show and other filtering and displaying options. Editing of certain fields is facilitated by displaying pop up menus with acceptable values for those fields. Emphasis is placed on response time in displaying this screen and the linked screens, therefore tradeoffs and alternative designs must be considered and proposed so as to optimize responsiveness in this screen.
The database contains three tables; the Frequencies table links the Sources and WordForms table. Two reports are generated to the screen and one to a text file. Two import functions and two export functions are provided to input raw data and output processed data.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows:
a) Server deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) A software installation package that will install the client side software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) Technical manual including installation, maintenance and implementation details. Documentation will explain in detail how to make backups and restore the database. Additionally a section should be devoted to database recovery in case of a power outage in the middle of a critical process, such as those involving consistent updates of linked records.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday Aug 9, 2005 9:00:45 AM:
Delivery has been extended to 21 days!
The application will run under Windows 32 bit operating system (non-Server version preferred) and can be developed in any development platform; preference is given to free platforms and to an Internet Explorer 6.0+ browser front end. Up to five users may need to access the database simultaneously. Because a large number of word variations are generated for each input word, over time, some of the tables may run into the millions or records. Some of the computed attributes and word variations need to be performed by calling functions which reside in DLLs; alternatively, facilities need to be implemented to export data records for external processing to fill in the missing data and then re-import them back to the database; the former alternative is the preferred one.