I need a program that will do the following:
1) Sweep a source folder and move the files into two places. 1-a local folder on the network
and 2-a ftp location.
2) The app needs to have a configuration file where the source folders and destination
information is filed.
3) The app needs to email a summary of each run's operations (like a summary sheet for a backup) and
keep a detailed log file of events, etc. Need the ability to log into a mail server to send mail.
4) The app needs an override feature or a Force File Synch Now command
5) The app needs to run in the background or as a service
6) The synch times and intervals need to be user-defined (Synch every 45 minutes between 6am-8pm)
7) Checking for the existence of a file before transferring is not necessary, simply overwrite (although
this stat would be interesting for the emailed report and log.)
Preferrably, the application would be in .net and I could manage it via a http:// accessible control panel
but that is not essential - a program running locally would work
I am also open to other features that I did not include that you think would be helpful...
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
.net or vb or other....