The aim of this is to make a file-synchronization app using QT (Nokia QT) and allow a sort-of drop-box styled synchronization to be created.
The project consists of two parts - front end (in QT) that is cross-platform in Windows, OSX with using the QT WebKit engine to render the GUI.
The client will:
- use HTML5 / Ajax interface (any Ajax library such as Sencha JS) and stream back to an embedded web-server on client. This will reduce time to create custom QT dialogs since they are web-browser rendered.
- monitor files on a certain directory on disk (e.g., c:\users\%name%\fileshared\) and monitor them for changes.
- these monitored files are uploaded and downloaded from client to server. That means, back-ground upload and back-ground downloaded from server and to client.
- it will make versions on server.
The server will:
- accept and receive files from the client in a drop-box style. So automatic synchronization is a must.
- have a membership client database. so people need to sign-up to use the service.
- make versions of the files if overwritten. Able for people to undelete what was deleted.
- this should be done using C#/[url removed, login to view] or Sancha with ASP.NET MVC3 Razor engine.
- database / and treeview of directory and list of files. (Parts of the work was done, but you need to make the QT part first.)
Final result is to make a drop-box styled app that syncs between server and client effortlessly.