I am a professional software developer, who is looking for some help to develop the following project. I am looking for someone with at least 5 years development experience who can provide me with some quality, working source-code to do the task outlined in the enclosed document.
This is for a web-service layer which can be used as a basic service layer for ANY application.
This is very much a rough guide, and exact details can be specified later. I am happy to help and give advice where necessary on coding best practices. If you are not interested in providing quality source-code, then please do not bid, as all bidders will be vetted thoroughly before being accepted, with samples of previous work required.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, provided as a visual studio 2005 solution
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) No front end is required at this stage, although you will need to create a basic test-harness in order to test the web service functionality. This should be delivered within the main solution.
5) N-Unit tests to be provided.
6) All Intelectual Property rights will belong to me.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Saturday Sep 22, 2007 10:00:49 AM:
Thank you for your comments and bids. Please be a little patient with me. I am trying to get together a more detailed specification, and an outlined solution in VS2005 that will help you with this project. When making your bids, please also remember to include estimated time to completion, and sample source code. I will not accept any bids without seeing the standard of prior work. Thanks, Gary
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday Sep 25, 2007 10:07:36 AM:
Apologies for the delay, I have been extremely busy the last couple of days (Hence the reason for a posting on RAC for someone else to help me out!). I have uploaded some files which should give you a bit more understanding of what I am looking for. Any questions, please let me know. Thanks, Gary
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday Sep 25, 2007 11:10:15 AM:
Additional comment: When querying the service layer for a business object or list of objects, then the query will need to be dynamic. In other words, the incoming request could contain a filter which looks up business objects based on any property of that business object, or its parent or child/chidlren. For example: Get me a list of Projects which have a Project Manager of "Barney Rubble". This would require doing an inner join statement on the Project and Employee with a where clause "WHERE Employee.Name='Barney Rubble'". The query may be something like "[url removed, login to view] = 'Barney Rubble'". Code would need to check that Employee was related to Project and that Name existing in the Employee object/table. Thanks, Gary
The web service will eventually run on Windows 2003, however as this will be developed using the .Net Framework (Version 2 or 3), then it can run on any supported windows platform.
Database platform should initially be SQL 2000 & SQL 2005, but generic [url removed, login to view] code should be used to allow testing on other database platforms (Oracle, MySql, Access etc).