This is the first (and smallest in scope and budget) in a series of Drupal website development projects I would be posting here. Hence, I would like to hire a professional drupal developer who understands drupal theming and modules including customisation. My preference would be to build a working relationship with a drupal developer who would be my preferred contractor to work on my future projects coming in the next few weeks.
I understand website development and drupal. Hence, requirements would always be clear and I can always provide guidance including sample mock-up design to communicate my thoughts in graphics where required.
For this project, I have an existing website built on Joomla CMS which I would like to move to Drupal Gardens for ease of maintenance. Hence, I would like a drupal developer to help me re-build this website in Drupal Gardens platform. Note that drupal theming and module customisation not required for this particular job but need a developer with these skills for future jobs.
You can customise one of the existing themes in drupal gardens to give a unique look and feel. Preferred colours are red and blue. All the information and content you require is on the existing website ([url removed, login to view]).
I would re-state the requirements here to ensure a good understanding:
* Website is an NGO dedicated to rewarding excellence and youth development in Africa
* The 8 main menu links in current website to be reduced to 6 - Home, Reward, Developmental Programs, Educational Programs, Services, People
* Blogs and Profile menu to be moved to side position on homepage with a "teaser" of latest article or blog and a "more" link to the full profile or blog as well as listing of other profiles or blogs
* "Contact" and "About Company" information to be in website footer and also appear on all pages as in current website
* The 3 main annual programs - Reward Night, Developmental Programs and Educational Programs already included in main menu. Requirement to highlight (advertise) upcoming programs for the 3 areas on the website homepage (as in current website)
* Requirement to report past events including articles, speeches and picture gallery (currently available as link in picassa but would like to have as a slideshow within new website)
* Previous events for same program e.g. 2009 Reward Night, 2010 Reward Night should be accessible as sub-links of the Reward Nigeria etc
* Requirement for profile and blogs section as in current site. The new requirement is for a "teaser" of latest article or blog to also be on homepage with a "more" link to the full profile or blog as well as listing of other profiles or blogs
* Requirement for "User Login" and "Site Poll" modules as in current website. Drupal Gardens supports these out of the box
* Requirement for Paypal integration as in current website. Drupal Gardens supports paypal integration and I can provide paypal integration code
* New requirement to add 2 forms to the homepage - Laptop Donation Form and Awardee Nomination Form (attached). Creation of forms supported by Drupal Gardens
* Current website is about 13 pages in total and new website should be around same number
* I would like developer to show creativity in re-designing the homepage subject to limitations of available drupal gardens themes
I have created the Drupal Gardens account and paid for the professional plan. I would share User ID and Password with the successful contractor.