I have a computer lab that people can come in and use.
We have hard copy surveys we have people fill out that our staff then enter into our webbased client management system.
I need one of three pieces of software....I am not sure which yet
I need software that will allow my staff to place the computers our clients use which are on a local area network into one of three states....
1. Locked - the computer is not accessible
2. Unlocked - the computer is accessible
3. Unlocked but direct the client to a survey which will be the only thing accessible until the survey is completed. Once the survey is completed the computer unlocks and operates as normal
It is similar, but much simpler, that internet cafe control software.
Software that is installed on the computers that will pop up a survey at a certain interval (say every 2 hours). The user could not then continue what they were doing until the survey is complete.
Similar to option 2, but the survey is popped up when a staff member clicks an icon on thier computer.
All three options would need to pop up a window to a url that I will provide that will display and record the survey results. The software just needs to make sure that the window can not be closed. When a client clicks the 'Submit My Answers' button, the website goes to another web page that thanks the client and records the results. Once that page is displayed, all the regular functions of the computer can become active.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Sunday Mar 12, 2006 10:35:42 AM:
I have extended the bidding deadline to Tuesday at 1:00pm for this project. In the original bid request, I layed out three options. This is the final of what I am looking for:
A piece of software that would display a web based survey on a preset interval (every two hours for example) and not permit the user to do anything else until the survey submit button had been clicked has been submitted. The survey and the recording of the results is taken care of already. What I need is the "Container" to display it in that would prevent a user from doing anything else until the survey is submitted. To see an example of the survey and how the results are recorded go to:
[url removed, login to view]
Feel free to fill out the survey and submit your responses to see how it works.
The software it self will need a password protected administrative section that would allow administrative staff to do the following:
1. Change the interval which the survey appears. the interval is to be expressed in minutes.
2. Change the url that selects the survey to display
3. Have an option to display a button that would allow the user to close the survey without filling it out.
4. Program an escape key that would close the window and return the computer to an unlocked state(Ctrl+Alt+X) for example.
I don't know if it makes a difference or not but the "[url removed, login to view]" posts the responses the user enters to "[url removed, login to view]" which records them in the database.
Please review your original bid and make any adjustments necessary. If your original bid stands, please send me a note to that effect. Those who do not ammend thier bid or send me a note confirming thier original bid will not be considered.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Monday Mar 13, 2006 10:12:19 AM:
I have just extended the deadline for this project to March 14 at 10:00PM. I had a brain freeze in my last message and was looking at the wrong date on the calendar when I extended the deadline last.
I will be look for the coder to begin work immediate upon approval so plan and bid accordingly.
Windows 98, 2000, XP, 2003...All the regular windows platforms