The website downloads page will be used to offer evaluation versions of graphic card drivers
- The first evaluation software package will be for 1 product only at no charge
o The packge will include several versions of the driver that support several RTOS.
o Drivers supporting other graphics processors may be added to this package in the future, or may be included as part of an additional package.
Over the long term:
- Additional evaluation packages may be offered to support other hardware and/or software configurations
- Products may be made available for purchase via credit card or other payment options (TBD)
1.2 User Interface
- The potential customer will register on the client's website in order to access the download(s).
- The website will provide initial user registration information to one or more people via an e-mail address, who will be responsible for screening and approving the user registration and package download access application. The data the registrant must provide will be:
o Phone number
o E-mail address
o Product requested for access to download
- the client screening person will receive an auto generated e-mail that provides the complete details of the order (i.e. registration information + package order details).
o The client will have a login page where the screening person can grant access rights to the applicant.
o This web-based interface will require a customer to apply and be screened for individual packages separately. . Validated customers will be allowed to download evaluation software products within the same package without further approval or contact with the client.
o The system needs to track order related information via the back-end website database, so that the client can determine what particular products within a package each user downloads. For example, if a user downloads product X, and also downloads product X2, the downloads database will record each download combined with the identity of the downloader as separate pieces of data. Ideally, this information will be made available to the client via some reporting function through the website, and the data should be exportable to a spreadsheet application (like Microsoft Excel) using a standard file format.
- After a potential customer registers and their data is validated, they will be able to return to the downloads page to download the package.
- Returning customers will be able to log in with a username and password of their own choosing.
- The potential customer will require the client’s approval for every separate package for which they would like downloads, therefore the website will have to accommodate individual package “orders” or “requests.”
1.3 Operating Environment
There are several layers to this downloads interface:
1. A downloads home page that is a single portal to a downloads page. The URL to this page will remain static, but the webmaster will enable the client to provide multiple package-specific addresses to suit different hardware partner promotions for tracking purposes. Any of these addresses will automatically redirect the user to the static downloads home page address. The static downloads page address will be [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] This page will contain:
a. A generic introduction
b. A registration portal that asks the applicant to register by providing:
iv. Mailing Address
v. Phone number
vi. E-mail address
vii. Login and password of their choosing
c. A generic End-User License Agreement (EULA) agreement that must be accepted by new registrants in order to complete their application for access to a download package.
d. The package downloads website address used by the customer will default select for the customer the driver package associated with the product for which the client marketing provided that particular address. For example, the customer who accessed the downloads website via [url removed, login to view] [url removed, login to view] will, after registering, have an application for access to the X package automatically logged into the client screening database for pending approval.
e. A login portal for returning customers that, once entered, allows the customer to order additional packages and also to access downloads for which they have already been approved.
f. Access to the downloads page will require a cookie generated upon successful registration and validation. The purpose is to prevent access based on login data passed on to 3rd parties.
2. The customer / applicant must be validated by an the client screening person (sales to take the lead). A web-based user interface accessible by the client personnel will be required for this. This user interface will also manage additional package access requests and approvals. Ideally this same interface will also record all user download activity for data mining purposes. The following shall be the process facilitated by the client’s webmaster:
a. For first time users, a user submits a request/application to be allowed access a particular package of the client evalution software products supporting a particular hardware configuration.
b. The application immediately generates a message to the user on the website that states something like “Thank you for submitting your application to access one of the client’s evaluation software packages. You will receive an e-mail within 48 hours verifying receipt of your application and providing you with further information to access the requested downloads.”
c. The downloads page will automatically generate an e-mail to the designated the client screening person alerting him that a request has been made. The e-mail will contain all user information and the name of the downloads package requested.
d. The the client screening person will be able to log into a “permissions” web interface and grant permissions as required.
e. The the client screening person will send a customized e-mail via the client’s e-mail system, from the screening person or an assigned sales agent, to the particular user, informing him that access has been granted and providing an offer of assistance and the client contact information.
f. The approved user will now be able to log in to the downloads page and all downloads for the evaluation software package will be available.
g. If the client determines an application shjoudl be denied, the client screening person will send a standard e-mail message denying the application
19 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $1181 for dette job
We have gone through your specification and understood your requirement and we are very sure that we will make the website of your need with best quality in a resonable price. Please check PMB for our quality works.