A client of mine asked me to upgrade their online student history website where their students can login and check their course history. We added the feature that they can now print their certificates through a pdf instead of the client mailing certificates out ... this feature works fine.
The data is uploaded from a local application I wrote over 10 years ago ... the upload is a simple txt comma delimited file ... it is now about 60meg in size and contains about 30,000 rows. The upload and MySQl database update takes about 5 - 10 minutes ...
We didn't write the original web application which uses php and MySQL.
We have noticed that the program update has apparently been flawed all along. They used the course title which can be as long as 50 characters long as the ID to its credits earned.
I am not real familiar with MySQL, but I think they made this way too complicated ...
The database needs to be restructured I believe and a few pages will need to use some added fields such as the course ID (not course full title)and a "shortened course name" so it will print correctly.
These can be added very easy.