I am looking at putting together a proto-type of a tipping website that uses odds instead of just plain head to head tipping. To start with I just want core functionality working and then I would look at extending it with integration and full design. I would prefer Wordpress as the backend but would consider other CMSs.
The concept behind the site is to create a tipping site that uses odds like a gambling site.
- Users will create a user for themselves.
- A user can then create a competition that allows other users to join.
- A user can then make bets against sports and games the site administrator sets up
- Display a ladder for each competition
- Need the ability to manage the back end as a site manager
Sites to pull inspiration from
[url removed, login to view] for member management and tipping concepts
[url removed, login to view] for a good sports gambling site
A good example would be a group of friends wanting to run a tipping competition on the EPL. A user would create a competition, select a sport (market) and select a starting balance. Friends (who are users) can join the competition and start betting using the balance.
Friends can bet against each other without spending money.
I am happy to look at any CMS, Drupal or Joomla might be a better option with the different content types.