We would like to create a site that becomes an online community for our customers, which enables the following:
- Some pages of free information which can be accessed by anyone, some pages available only after registration.
- A registration process captures contact details, user's post code, areas of interest and some specific information (e.g. some selections of options from a combo box or list box).
- Ability to send emails to confirm user name and password and to reconfirm if lost/forgotten
- Registered users gain access to more information which is not visible to unregistered users.
- This might include audio recordings and short videos, as well as comparisons of products with expert ratings and user feedback (a bit like Amazon does with books). This includes the ability to enter products and their attributes (name, description, price, additional attributes - will be specified)
- A full search capability
- Ability to find the nearest specialist to user's address (in UK). The database of specialists will be given (with their post code and address), but must be able to maintain it inside the system (add/remove/change specialists).
- There would be advertising on the site, Google Adwords and a number of links to blogs and other sites.
- Ability to run surveys e.g. market research from product manufacturers where details are completed online and collated for onward delivery to the manufacturer.
- Products can be ordered from the site, so full shopping cart functionality required (including payments, e.g. Worldpay - please define).
- Users can also pay a deposit and trigger an email to our admin team so that we contact the local specialist to make an appointment with the user
- please define/advice CMS system
- we expect that standard modules/plug-in of the CMS can be used (please specify, when the extra programming is needed)
- we expect thousands of customers a year
- phases are not necessarily fixed