I want the site to have a very clean, professional look to it. Navigation should be intuitive. But the site must be versatile on the webmaster side and the code must be updatable as the site grows. I will be doing all of the graphic designing of the site and the layout. I will create examples of pages in Photoshop that will need to be translated into working web pages by the designer/coder.
The basic feel of the project will be that of a social networking site. The webmaster must have full access to a content management system. Ease of updating, Scalability and adaptability are essential aspects of the site. Other required elements:
- A system of rotating banner images at the top of every page. Not dynamic to the page, these would just refresh differently every time a new page comes up or the page is reloaded. The webmaster must be able to swap these images in and out at will.
- A Pay-pal/credit card e-commerce assisted system of membership sign-up where visitors can choose between three options:
A. A free membership that assigns a username and password, and results in the ability to create a database-stored personal page with limited information. The free membership page allows these members to upload up to four images and name, contact information and location.
B. A free 'appreciator' membership that assigns a username and password, and adds the visitor to the database but does not require them to make a personal page.
C. A paying membership that results in a username and password and the ability to create a database-stored personal page with extensive information. In the paying membership section users will be able to upload up to 16 images, and input information for visitors to see (name, location, contact information, and a few paragraphs about themselves) to their own page (viewable to anyone that visits the site). The uploaded images would need to be able to create their own thumbnails. Paying members would have three options, 1 month, 6 months, or 12 months.
- The site will need a system for member location by visitors or other members. I envision this as a clickable map that calls up all members from any state or country that is selected.
- A search field for visitors to search the member database by keyword, name, etc.
- A login and password field on the front page as well as a button that takes visitors to the 'sign up' page.
- A field that allows visitors to join a mailing list, on the front page.
- A 'craigslist' style page that allows visitors (member or nonmember) to view a listing of events or post their own events. These would also be locatable by a clickable map.
- Another 'craigslist' style page ONLY accessible by paying members where they can view information. This information can by posted by anyone (members or non-members), but only by paying a small fee through Pay-pal/credit card (free for paying members to post).
- A way for a paying member's page who has lapsed in payment to revert to a non-paying/free member page (reverting from 16 images to just the first 4).
- A system for paying members to be able to upload up to 3 images per month into a file sent to the webmaster for an online contest.
- A way for the webmaster to take 50 out of the total of those uploaded images and display them on a page (this must be able to be changed monthly). The images would need to be able to create their own thumbnails when loaded.
- A way for all members (free, 'appreciator,' and paying) to view the page with 50 images and vote on them. The system for voting would incorporate dynamic elements to the page where the 50 thumbnails would be seen on the page, but when the mouse hovers over each image an expanding window displays a larger version of the same picture. Each visitor would have 10 votes that they could disperse among the 50 images, and they would not be able to submit the page for tallying until all 10 votes had been cast. Also, each member would only be allowed one voting session per contest/month (to eliminate stuffing the ballot box). Navigating away from the page without submitting would void the voting and allow the member to be able to try again if they wanted.
- A way for 12 images and accompanying text to be changed monthly on the front page by the webmaster.
- A way for 1 image to be changed weekly in a field on the front page and text below that image to be changed as well.
- A calendar, viewable by everyone, that updates monthly and is able to be manipulated by the webmaster.
- A way for members to link to other members on their page (similar to myspace).
- A 'News and Info' page that houses an archive of past information from the site as well as daily updatable blurbs and a link list.
- The site must be optimized for a variety of screen resolutions and browsers (Explorer, Firefox, etc.). So it will need a liquid format.
- A domain email address and a way to mass mail the newsletter to subscribers.
- A space for banner advertising to appear on the right-hand border of every page.
Above are all of the basic elements of the proposed website. Again, I will handle the graphic design side of it. As such I need someone/some group that is amenable to working in tandem with me on the site.
10 freelancere byder i gennemsnit $1175 på dette job