A single page site where people may look up any vehicle whether it be a car, truck, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, etc to get just one simple result…. The MPG (Miles per Gallon).
I know this is a small project, but I’m purposely keeping it this way for now. After I award this job and it is completed the way I like it, I will hire the same programmer for many additional ideas I have for this site as needed such as a sponsorship banner implementation and setup, radio buttons to convert the imperial system to metric and many more features. For now however, I’m tight on money and need to keep this initial project short so I’ve kept it brief and listed to the point below. Want to see a simple preview of how I think it should sort of look like? Go to [url removed, login to view] for a look. Of course other things like a little web design should be added to make it look decent but for the money, I don’t expect much.
• Small password protected admin area where I can log into and enter data as I wish manually for all fields.
• I don’t care what type of programming you choose to use whether it be a simple database like ms access, spread sheet like excel, or maybe you prefer php and mysql. Just so long as it works. Within the admin, there should be an area I can collect email addresses of members for opt-in mailings.
• The obvious is that some of the data will be calling for each other above such as with total consumer reported numbers for given vehicle id’s generated would automatically figure out the average mpg numeric value and place it into the right column.
• Very basic web design. As indicated in [url removed, login to view] you should add a few drop down edit boxes and a couple hyper links where appropriate.
• A certain vehicle will have an independent number assigned to it automatically based on the varied choices made by the user in the drop down edit boxes (unless you have a better idea)
That’s it! Just come up with something like this for me and if you feel you are a creative individual and can offer up some better ideas, I’d love to see it. Again, please visit [url removed, login to view] or review the .RTF file attatched here to see what I'm looking for. I layed it out in simple form to give you an idea of what I want. Thanks!
Just PM me right here on GAF and I’ll be happy to answer them as quickly as possible. Thank you for your bid ahead of time and I hope to work with you on this soon.
Michael D. Baker