I started out doing this myself with Joomla. I got stuck when forms etc was necessary ;-( I need some assistence here!
My project has the following requirements. I need a website with the following characteristics:
- I want to be able to do maintenance myself afterwards, hence knowledge transfer
- few (eg 10) pages with static information
- expecting some 2000 users that need controlled access, hence login required
- possibly, all pages showing logged in status and maybe user name
- only admin can add users, but this needs to be automated (2000!)
- each user has a unique set of information he wants to see and be able to change (eg form):
- contact info (name, address, telephone)
- a geographic location 'A' with longitude/latitude, shown in google maps. User must be able to change the location,
google maps image changes accordingly
- single date entry 'B' (with automatic message like: there are 17 days left before ..)
- a database exists containing a table with fields: date, geolocation
- admin needs read/write access to this database for maintenance (possibly webbased, maybe offline maintenance,
upload sql script, ...)
- each user wants to place/confirm an order. This order has a couple of settings. The user chooses a
distance (.. km) and a time-frame (eg 4 weeks). Then based on a database query, a list needs to appear
with all table entries that are within the specified time-frame of date 'B' and within specified distance
of geographic location 'A'. Mathematics for this can be covered by me.
- Based on this order, a production order needs to be generated (eg pdf document) mentioning 'Dear user X, you placed the following order: ...'