I'd like to develop my skills in PHP/MySQL by making a MMORPG. I don't need someone to build the game for me... I'm looking more for a resource to refer questions to, to provide example code, tips/advice etc on programming the application, database design etc.
The ideal candidate would have:
1. Knowledge in game design in php/mysql
2. Understanding of database design
3. Complete knowledge of funtions, includes, sessions, etc and other topics that might be considered "intermediate" or "advanced".
4. Daily access to email to receive questions
5. Abililty to troubleshoot code and problem solve situations.
I have a background in web design. I have used php/mysql on a number of occasions but on a limited basis for small personal and business websites... so the basics of the language I understand just fine... though admittingly, I've never created an application on this level before.
The ultimate goal at the completion of the project would be a further understanding of php/mysql itself, and hopefully a game that I can expand on.
Bidding for this project is a little weird given I'm looking more for a tutor than anything. As such, I've considered this a small project as it will just be largely question oriented without much need for you to provide actual code to me in the form of a finished project.. (though undoubtedly I will need example code from you in the event I cannot solve a problem).
What you may be required to provide:
1. Answers to questiosn on php/mysql.
2. Sample code as to how to fix a problem
3. Answers to basic database design questions
4. Review of my code, with suggestions for "cleaning it up" or alternative methods
This project will probably start within 1-2 weeks, with most of the work being done on weekends/weeknights. This project should be considered a side project, with the opportunity for you to make a few dollars sharing information you idealling already know.
15 freelancers are bidding on average $227 for this job
We will doing all that you want (and more... :-))). Quickly, Professional, Quality - our answer you and your organization. We work more than 10 years.. There are questions?