PROJECT DESCRPITION :
An information site with two key parts :
i) about 10 pages of sales focused information on the topic and
ii) A Members area of pages of information and links. Members pay a subscription fee to access the members area which contains about 20 information pages.
KEY REQUIREMENTS :
i) Professional Design / CSS - The design and layout must present a simple professional crisp corporate image. The design must be CSS compliant and generally search engine friendly as well as being very fast to load.
2) Graphic Elements - The winning bidder will also need to provide the graphic elements of the site including a few royalty free positive lifestyle images (happy, successful, making money etc) and a simple logo based on the domain name.
3) Member Signup / Payment Processing - The systems payment processing must be totally seamless and integrated with the site, so that when a visitor chooses to signup as a member the process is completely automated, seamless and fast and they are able to access the members area within seconds of paying. The Payment Processing options must support Paypal, Credit Cards and providers such as 2CO. A simple automated refund process should also be available. The members area must be totally secure and only paying members must be
able to access this premium information.
4) Ease of Modification - It must be very easy to add new pages or edit pages on the site using standard HTML editors (e.g. HTMLKit).
- Please read PLATFORM notes below
- Please respond to the key requirements above point by point indicating your proposed solution.
- Please include similar sites you have developed in your response
- PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE A STANDARD RESPONSE LISTING HUNDREDS OF SITES NOT RELEVANT TO THIS PROJECT. ALL SUCH RESPONSES WILL BE DELETED.
- Must run on Standard Internet servers using Apache webservers and Linux/Unix derivatives
- Generally I prefer PHP as a core programming language, but the quality and functions of the solution will dictate the language selected etc;
- The sites' visual design must be separate from the coding and managed via CSS style sheets.
- I have feedback that Zen Cart offers much of what is required, however it seems to be more focused on product/catalog site. I have yet to see it implemented for an information based site with free and paying members and the kinds of functions mentioned above particularly content management and easily adding articles etc;
- The ability to handle XML feeds and automatically provide RSS updates to subscribers would be distinct advantages. A built in automated external Link addition/checking script would also be an advantage.