[url removed, login to view] is a small site that lists all apps that are for AAC (that is sofware that helps those with disabilities talk). Its been great but some new features are needed. Some of these new features have been worked on in http://beta.appsforaac.net.
- Nicer UI for editing of complex fields (See Screen shot 1 & 2)
- Enhanced Compare feature
Note the attachment "Modiles [url removed, login to view]" which should give you a taster of the modules used. Not much is custom modules - just a couple of very small ones to give a blurb of text on the front page and another to help with the admin. Some of the templates have been tweaked in sky2 theme (see attached). Site folders (all and [url removed, login to view]) and code is available here: [url removed, login to view] Contact me for a admin login.
What I need however is:
- Some tidying up of the UI - any suggestions welcome. Both UI in editing (admin) and the front-end. We are trying to allow more signing up and social editing. I want to create a pool of editors who can easily get an email, then edit any new content.
- Linking in the URLs with Tradedoubler. The site is 100% self-funded as a charitable offering. Using tradedoubler affiiliate links to itunes that would be helpful to pay for any site development in the future
I imagine half-a-day to a day of a good drupal developers time.
I have been told that some of the code in the modules is a bit flaky. I'm more than willing to listen to your suggestions on improving the code - but really I don't mind at this stage if "just works". Bear in mind though we do need to add in a content type for Android apps and Windows Apps at some point in the future.
I don't have vast amounts of cash for this but am willing to get this up and ready and for the headache less pay! I know these kind of statements are awful but there is seriously a opportunity in the next 12 months for a lot more development work pending grant money.
Code available at:
I clearly cannot write English. "for the headache less pay!" was meant to be something to the effect "to reduce my own headaches am willing to pay!" :)
UPDATE ON TEXT ABOVE:
So I have a website - http://appsforaac.net Its been self-made in my spare time really and some hacking of the sky theme has been done by a coder that I'm no longer in touch with. This has gone a bit further on http://beta.appsforaac.net. the aim is to allow the sites content to be edited by a core group of editors. Its way too much work for one person to do. Some key aspects to this; edits need to be transparent (hence use of revisions being public) and adding content/editing needs to be really super simple. I also need to really push the social element. So I think we are really there but I'm all alone on this and need some help!
- fix compare feature; add "remove" links for the tables of compare apps. suggest/make modifications to improve this further.
- review current working of the site, suggest and make modifications to the user interface where possible. In particular to make admin of apps easier for novice net users. (approx half a day)
- Allow auto-adding of a Tradedoubler link to the iTunes urls. Currently the iTunes URLS being kept within a field (which computed_field scrapes the iTunes store for some other key content). It should be a case of adding a URL at the beginning of the iTunes url. Do this in the template or CCK though? Not sure. (I'm guessing either a new field or template - we may like to store the raw iTunes URL for other things - like my computed_field updater..) (further info on the structure of these links: https://gist.github.com/4407494)
- Investigate ways to auto-load/update images from the iTunes store (computed_code field). (NB: Currently you can add a new app by adding a URL and title for the app and a lot of content is added by downloading the iTunes page and doing some regex on the content. It works nicely - and is useful for updates too. I just haven't figured out a neat way of scraping images)
- fix the import scripts using feeds. most importantly the new apps which are listed in http://beta.appsforaac.net/specs.rss or http://beta.appsforaac.net/specs.csv (same content, different file format). I think its a case of understanding GUID's which is beyond me right now!
- Suggest/Make where possible any enhancements required for a trouble-free drupal site!
Suggestion of time: a day- maybe two. As well as the key code improvements I'm looking for feedback on whats wrong and what needs fixing. The site will be looking for some charitable grant money in the next 12 months and part of the exercise is identifying future needs. One of the needs is to allow the site to expand to Android/Win 8 apps which right now is perplexing me. I'm happy to pay for the time and see what we get done in that time. The code changes to make the site work properly are key however. I was hoping for about 150 as I will likely have to pay someone to help do the updating of the content for about 100. Whats possible from the above for 150?!
6 freelancere byder i gennemsnit £246 for dette job
we carefully read your requirements & understand your needs we can build this as per your wish, with full satisfaction please see our portfolio in pmb
We are a Web design and development company that focuses on regular communication with our clients and timely delivery for all our projects. Some of the technologies/area that we focus include: