One of my clients wants an application for a classified ad website. I want it to work similar to [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] but only for my country.
We want some new features for this site. The most important requirement is AJAX which [url removed, login to view] uses extensively. I want to make a classifieds script that uses Ajax to make it work faster, and add a few capabilities not available on these sites, though many of them are on [url removed, login to view], you should review this site in order to know what I mean.
The development tool / platform will be:
PHP/MYSQL, Ajax, HTML (W3C Compliancy, using divs/css, and no table design)
Knowledge and use of AJAX is a must for this project, as well as W3C no table design.
The application should run on PHP and MySQL database but it has to be able to generate html pages when people look at the ads or posts on their browser. I want the advetisements or posts to be generated in HTML format, similar to Craigslist.
The site will also be developped with full W3C Compliancy, without using table tags, only css/divs/xhtml. The design has to be very user friendly, clear and elegant. Usability is a stand. Check sites done by [url removed, login to view] to check what I mean with usability and use of Ajax.
I like very much the style, features of:
[url removed, login to view] (check how they filter results at [url removed, login to view] right sidebar)
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view] and sites from [url removed, login to view] for usability.
Please read requirements carefully and bid ONLY if you are confident you can deliver the finished product.
- Site will be multilanguage: two languages (I’ll provide translation for the second language)
- Categories and subcategories, taking into account the regions and provinces in our country.
- Filter results through Ajax and auto complete ajax search boxes and sliders as Edgeio does
- Adding new classifieds should work similar to these sites, asking which category, what subcategory, providing email, etc.
- Site has to be SEO friendly so that posts are easily indexed by search engines
- Users will be able to reply to announcements as these sites do.
- Admin area where I can manage everything on the site, categories, subcategories, messages posted, ban messages, manage users, etc, etc. All that the site would need. The admin area should look similar to the style of Sugar CRM [url removed, login to view] so that it’s very usable and clear for the admin.
- I would like a two versions site, having a quick version like google home page where users use a simple form to start looking for things (similar to the search on edgeio), or but users could be able to switch to the directory listing as Edgeio does. These two different pages are what I need. On the Google format one users would type: ‘car’ and all categories related with car would be shown, he would then do the same with geography. We need to have an admin area where we assign tags to each category, so that ‘automobile’, ‘transport’, etc are also matches for car. This single form search should be the heart of our classifieds, as google’s home is. This will be the heart of the site, so we need to create a nice feature here based on this idea.
- Filter by tags, categories, subcategories, geography places in my country. More and less tags feature present at Edgeio.
- Tick classifieds as spam, miscategorized, no longer current, etc.
- Bad words filter that allows me to censor BAD or vulgar words
- Tagclouds for cities and for items
- Allow for pulbisher to post multiple posts, and Show pubisher information on classified detail page.
- RSS and ATOM feeds subscription, including tag listing in your feed
- Professional listers like [url removed, login to view]
- Users will be able to subscribe to categories/subcategories and get emails on their inbox with classifieds that match.
- Help center and FAQ center
- Google adsense integration
- The application should be flexible enough so that if I wish to make modifications, add a field, delete a field, add a category, etc etc, it would be easy enough to do through the control panel.
Please, DO NOT BID if you are not proficient at AJAX and table less design with divs/css/xhtml.
I look forward to your bids and PM with past works and URLs related to Ajax work you've done and table less design.