[[url removed, login to view]]
A .Net File Management Program in Visual Basic (ver 2003 ) program that will do the following :-
1) Allow a user defined menu (drop down) - This menu must be configurable using a config button - and all the menu's will do is run a (current cmd/[url removed, login to view]) program or a windows program.
2) Have a file configuration button - Once pressed you could choose a pre defind file or configure a file - What info you need to acquire from the user is:-
a) The size of each record in the random access file (which will always be a DOS PowerBasic / QBasic file).
b) How many fields are there in each record.
c) What is the Name (Description) of each field.
d) What type is the field - 1) String 2)CVI/CVS/CVD *numeric data*
e) Which string field has the jpeg picture (file name) in it after the ">" (greater than sign)
f) Allow the user to define how these fields (all or chosen) will appear on the display after a search is done on the file.
3) Once a configured file has been chosen, the program must read all the data from the file and display how many records are there in the file. A input is than made by the user , based on the input the fields (as configured in 2(f) will display in the window including the picture file as found in the string having ">" in it - (ref:2(e)).If more than once record is found matching the search criteria A Combo box must exist where the user can choose which items he wants to view or edit . If an edit is requested the record must be locked and the record updated with a text file amended which will show the changes made to which fields. Also include an option to export the data chosen to Excel/Html
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
windows 98 and above - Installation program must have .Net frameword latest (1.1) included.
*A note for the programmers :-*
An understanding of how old dos files were stored when using QB or Power Basic is needed , the string dimensions using fields is simple, however the use of MKI$ MKS$ MKD$ CVI CVS CVD in the old dos enviroment has to be imported into the .Net program to be viewed and edited (stored back into same format as retreived) - the viewed data must also be exported into Excel if required. Very important is the ability of the program to choose more than one file to display which has the same field structures.