We require two VB.Net functions.
1) DatasetToString(theDataset as Dataset) as string
2) StringToDataset(theString as string) as Dataset
XML is fine for encoding but not necessary
Dataset columns must include Text, Date and Numeric Columns
No writing to disk - all conversion perfomed in memory
No custom delimiters in the string
No painfully slow loops - The datasets may be large
*** Very important that the resulting Dataset have schema information preserved.
This can be checked by using the following code on the resulting dataset:
For Each DataColumn In [url removed, login to view](0).Columns
[url removed, login to view]([url removed, login to view] & " " & [url removed, login to view])
*** Hint The GetXML function will only transfer the data between datasets. All column datatypes will end up as strings.
1) Complete and fully-functional sample application in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
a) Function 1 DatasetToString(inputDataSet) as string ** Must have Text, Date and Numeric datatypes
b) Function 2 StringToDataSet(inputString) as Dataset
c) Test: The reulting dataset will be tested to ensure that the column datatypes have been preserved
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows | VB.Net 2003 | .Net Framework 1.1