This project is related to Juno ISP Email/Browsing software, www.juno.com.
I am posting this for a friend who has used the program for many years, but recently encountered some major difficulties within the local software program.
A summary of the problem:
1. The Juno software has a backup file/folder wizard utility
2. My friend performed a backup moments **after** the software encountered problems, using Junos backup wizard
3. This backup file is a single, compressed, 590MB sized file
4. This wizard also is used to restore this same file
5. Upon restoration (perhaps 20-30minutes), it appears as a good restore, HOWEVER, once opening the Juno program, the program states problems occurred during restore and displays ONLY 1% approximately of 4000 plus emails, files, folders, attachments, etc. contained within
6. Because of this limited restore, we believe the backup file being imported **may** be corrupted somehow
My friends have used and exhausted Junos technical support assistance for over 1 month now. They have failed to resolve this problem satisfactorily; therefore we are seeking external assistance at this time.
Your task/project is described below and to be bid upon accordingly:
1. YOU can download or we can mail the software program that runs on Windows OS - I believe its Juno version 5.x (will confirm/inform upon start of project)
2. WE will mail on DVD or USB stick if necessary, the program and/or the 590MB backup file that appears corrupted
3. YOU will install program and copy the backup file onto your system and perform a restore with the account information supplied when project begins
4. YOU should be able to confirm that the file does NOT restore/import properly
5. YOU should find that less than 1% of 4000+ emails, files, folders and attachments import incorrectly
5. YOU will be tasked with correcting the backup files corrupted sectors/headers/etc., to successfully restore the now un-retrievable 99+ percent of missing data apparently contained within the backup file (determined by files size, 590MB of data). You will perform any measures necessary to acquire the information desired in this project. This will include any hacking or reverse engineering necessary to extract backup file contents properly to work within program as expected
To satisfy the requirements of this work and complete this project, we will need at minimum:
a. Primary goal: successful restoration of emails, files, folders and attachment from January 1, 2006 to present date (last backup file date)
b. Secondary goal: successful restoration of ALL contents spanning several years, INCLUDING files from January 1, 2006 to present date (last backup file date) ??" bonus will be supplied for a full, successful restoration of the backup file to working order
c. Either restores A or B **MUST** work with the software version supplied, whereas all the contents/data is visible, workable, readable, editable, categorized and/or organized in its original format prior to application failure
d. Once completed, the same files and program contents should function as expected, without problems or errors (should program hacking/reverse engineering be utilized during this project)
Additionally, any relative data, images, contents, discussions, user names, passwords, email addresses, contacts, phone numbers, etc. specific to this project and supplied/contained within the backup file used for this work, must be kept confidential and never disclosed to anyone ever, from project start date forward.
The final files/contents of this project once completed and working correctly on our side, MUST BE FULLY AND COMPLETELY DESTROYED when this project ends ??" no exceptions whatsoever.
STANDARD RAC DETAILS:
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows 2000/XP Operating System