**Company:** McGraw Construction Inc.
Objective:** Generate a program that will allow us to record how our employees spend their time on a project-by-project basis. That can be imported into our accounting program, thus eliminating manual entry.
-**enable us to export our estimate data into excel
-have data fields containing pull-down menus to display:
**Date, Job#, Phase, Cost Code & Description** (retrieved from estimate specific to each job), and **Hours spent on job** (1/2 hour incriment, start and end time).
-all data fields would be in the form of pull-down menus, nothing should have to be entered manually by the field employees (stylus work only, no typing)
An example of the format that we are interested in is located at the following web address:(This does not have enough data fields to be useful, but it is close)
<[url removed, login to view]>
1. Our estimating program can export to our accounting program which then can move data in and out via excel.
2. The employees would be working with handheld PDA's.
3. Our estimating and accounting systems track time in the following format:
-Job#: 4 to 5 digit # (i.e. 0450)
-Phase Code: 3 to 4 digit # (i.e. 020)
-Cost Code: 3 to 4 digit # (i.e. 035)
-Description: text (i.e. demo masonry)
4. Our master list of phase codes has 17 phases ([url removed, login to view] thru 017) under each phase there are approx. 30 to 60 cost codes ( i.e. phase 010 general requirements has a cost code 002 supervision)
5. When we create a job, say, JOS 0450 it contains not the master list of phase codes and cost codes necessary for that job. For example job 0450 may not have any phase 020(sitework) nor the cost codes that are associated with that phase.
[url removed, login to view] we export job 0450 to excel only the selected phase and cost codes come over with that job.
[url removed, login to view] their handhelds, at the end of each day we would like our field employees to be able to select the job # from the pull down menu. From that, the phase and cost codes could be selected. Then the data and amount of time spent peforming the task(cost code).
8. The employees would only be able to select phase and cost codes associated with the job#. An option to override that and choose from the master list (in situation where the original estimate forgot or missed a task). If this is too complex then we could live without this and just include a "misc." phase/cost code with each estimate.
9. This information would then be exported into our accounting software, saving manual entry.
On our computer, we have windows XP.
Our accounting program, and our estimating program operates on windows SQL.