We would like our existing local network to posses high availability and non-disruptive failover features not only for our local users but also for external users which access our services via the web.
Our services include:
- Active Directory.
- E-mail and collaboration using Microsoft Exchange 2003 (POP3, SMTP, IMAP, Outlook web access).
- VPN Access.
- Web applications running on IIS server.
- SQL Server 2005 working with the web applications.
We currently have two servers running on Windows Standard 2003 Edition. One of these servers is the principal domain controller running Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange 2003. The second server runs all web applications on IIS 6.0 and SQL Server 2005.
These two servers provide the above mentioned services to a Local Network of approximately 10 computers as well as external users through the internet.
For the external access through the internet we have a Netgear FVS318 router which provides redirection services for the IP ports on the internal servers for HTTP, POP3, SMTP, IMAP and VPN.
We have a third server running on Windows Server 2003Standard Edition as well which can be used for Replication Mirroring for the services above mentioned (Active Directory, Exchange 2003, Web Applications through IIS 6.0 and
SQL Server 2005).
The solution that we want must be transparent so that local network as well as external users will not notice a switchover if one of the main servers fails. This backup server will continue to provide all above mentioned services. The solution should not have any physical steps in order to achieve the goal (High Availability and Non-Disruptive Failover).
Bidders should include in their response a priject plan, expected delivery times, testing parameters as well as any external software requirement to achieve the goal.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
See Description of Project