I run a website called Pixel Car World - [url removed, login to view]
It is a MyBB forum based role playing car game. It consists of the following:
- After signing up you manually update your signature to show your current money (Cr.), respect, driving skill etc
- Purchase a virtual car (It's a little image of a car which you then place in your signature)
- Manually add the car to your user profile which you create in a specified topic
- Manually remove the money from your signature, and add the car and specification to your signature
- Then you 'play' the game by modifying your car (purchasing parts in the same way as a car, and manually updating your money, adding the parts to your profile and then manually changing the image of the car in photo-editing software and re-uploading the image to represent the changes to the car.
- You can then enter races (judged manually using an excel sheet and formulas, based on bhp, weight, drivetrain and driver skill)
Currently the whole system is manual and it relies on each user to calculate what they are spending and update their profile and signature.
If you are seriously interested in this project I recommend that you register and read the 'how to play'. You could even try it out for yourself to get an idea for it. [url removed, login to view]
The aim of the project is to automate all of the manual parts of the game. So when a user registers on the mybb forum, their signature/profile is automatically propagated with their starting money, skill etc. I'll need an admin panel (or a section in the mybb admin panel) to add new cars to the game, to generate the races, to judge the races etc.
It would be preferable if you have good knowledge of mybb, php and sql and even better if you like cars too! If you have any questions during the project I am available on skype often. The mod must be separate to the core files of mybb so that mybb can be upgraded easily.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to your bids.
Kind Regards, Andy
[url removed, login to view]
14 freelancers are bidding on average £667 for this job
Hi, We have read your [url removed, login to view] are interested in your project as we have completed 25+ games projects in last 5 years. Please check private message board for details.