The program should be a windows application, web application, or some other solution. I need this to do my job on my workplace. I work as a controller for driving tests, so I am a person sitting behind in a car evaluating your driving skills during test. There are 24 more colleges working with me. Program would arrange those 20 people in 30 cities where driving tests are taking part in, but with some conditions. To get you familiar with program:
1. After I open a program, I should enter username and password. After that, I should see a list of workers, and I should pick up those workers who are available to work that day (they are not sick, or on leave, holiday etc.). For example, I pick up 20 workers out of those 25 who can work today.
2. After I have selected workers, I check out a list of cities, and select those cities where driving tests are happening(I get a list from my boss with cities and number of driving test per city) I select cities from a list(they are around 30 cities, and around 10 per day that need to be visited). For example, I pick up 9 cities out of 30 that where driving tests are taking part in.
3. After I’ve selected workers and cities, I should be able to type in right next to the city name, a number of workers that need to work that(I calculate that in my mind based on number of tests per city). For example. In city A are 20 tests, so there will go 2 workers so there are 2 positions needed, in city B 29 tests, so 3 worker, so there are 3 position needed to be filled. Etc.
4. After that, I should enter a specific driving test category right next to every position. In city A, are 2 workers needed to fill in 2 positions. Position 1 has tests from these driving category 3 A category, 4 B driving category, and 1 D category, while position 2 has 7 A and 3 E.
5. Click on ‘Start’ and program gives mi names arranged on positions needed in every city.
There are 3 conditions a program should watch on when arranging workers on positions.
1. In database, near workers name should be a list of driving categories they are certified to evaluate. For. Example. Andy Knowels can evaluate only driving category A and B, while his college is certified to evaluate, A, B, C and D driving category.
2. In database, near workers name should be a list of cities they can work in, regarding their home address (it’s not economical to drive to far away cities, so only those near their working place). For example Andy Knowels an work in 13 cities out of those 30 on the list.
3. Worker cannot go in a same city as long as all other workers (who satisfy first 2 conditions) have not been in that city. So main idea is to shuffle them as much as I can.
So program should remember in which cities worker has been so far and ideally would be if it could get me some statistical report after a month to see in which cities they were and how many tests they evaluate.
That would be it, how complicated this program is? How long should it take to make it?