I have a site that is mostly developed, but needs a lot of enhancing. I will not reveal the site here. It is database-driven, and uses PHP, MySQL, and Java - not much else as far as I know. I may or may not hire any respondents. Please use the Private Message and list your response as "1: Answer, 2: Answer, etc." I want to know the following:
1. How many years of web programming experience do you have with what I need? Where did you get your experience?
2. In US dollars per hour, how much do you need to earn per hour to make it worthwhile?
3. My project is big and complicated to me, but probably small and hopefully not very complicated to you, by comparison with many other complicated sites. I hope it is very successful and that over time it will warrant greater complexity. It will at least always need maintenance and minor upgrades over many years. I want you to work fast, but I also don't want you to be dependent on me. I am very busy and may not be able to issue new tasks as fast as you can do them. Some weeks will have 20-hours of work, others 4, and many will probably have none. Are you able to work as needed?
4. I need you to record the time it took to complete each task. I would like to pay by PayPal or some other third-party, and would pay after a few tasks are completed to satisfaction. Is this acceptable?
5. I have Adobe ConnectNow (like GoToMeeting) so that we can conference. But are you able to call me in the United States? Some things are easier to communicate by voice.
6. If I ask for things you don't know how to do, I don't want to pay for many hours for you to learn by trial and error. What will you do to learn quickly?
7. Provide just one favorite example of a web-site with good functionality, and tell me a few tasks that you did for the site. How long did it take to complete those tasks?
I expect to spend I will only take two days worth of bidding, but I may take up to two weeks or more to decide who, if anybody, to hire. If I hire any one, I believe I have between $500 and $1500 to spend over the first three months. After that it may slow down or speed up, depending on how popular the site becomes and on whether I still have money or not (I'm a small entrepreneur, and could make it big or go broke). To avoid having to read too many responses, I am limiting responses to 2-days, though communication with my favorite respondents may last a long time.